10.24.2011

Red, Red Wine

Last Christmas, I finally broke down and bought a decanter since James and I have been enjoying more red wine. I love the decanter, despite its slightly awkward pour near the end of the bottle, but I have often struggled with cleaning it, especially if someone ::cough, cough, James:: didn't rinse it properly after use. After a bit of Googling, I found a solution that worked so well, it wouldn't be right not to share. A mixture of lemon juice and salt - I used about 1/8 c lemon juice and 1 tsp. salt -- gently swirled around the vessel took off the red wine reside without soaking for longer than it took to put the ingredients away. The directions cautioned against using too coarse of salt or swirling too briskly, for fear of scratching the glass, but you honestly don't need to. Definitely a keeper!

No comments: