7.18.2012

HM 2.0 - Day 3

While I didn't exactly sip water at Night Owls (happy hour for you non-Chi Omegas), I did enjoy just enough cab sav to still be up for my three-mile trek to make up for Tuesday's mishap. AND I knocked it out in 26 minutes, which isn't too shabby considering my lack of running lately and the intense humidity. Enough with it, Mother Nature!

I didn't do intervals after my run (tsk) because it was too dark for the track in the park. I cannot believe I didn't think of using the treadmill until Ryan said that's what he did. Duh. (I blame the still-present jet lag.) At any rate, we'll continue these intervals (speed training, as Hal calls it - it helps you increase your pace in long races by building endurance, I believe) throughout the next eight weeks, and Hal wants you to run at your 5K pace. I know that I can easily do a 5K in about 25 minutes, and I'd like to use this training to get that down to about 24, so I'm targeting an 8-minute mile. I found some music that helps keep that pace, and while I'm starting off with just Eminem, Gaga, MIA and Black Eyed Peas, jog.fm has a whole playlist to help you keep pace. It's amazing how much music can help you - iPods and iPhones once again make me wonder how people did anything without technology! I'll let you know how it goes today, and I mapped out how far 400 meters is from my front door so I can't make excuses in the event that I can't get to the park AND both treadmills in my gym are broken.

Until next time!

xoxo

No comments: