7.16.2012

HM 2.0 - Day 1

I know, I know, I said I wouldn't do it again... but, as Britney says, oops! I did it again: I signed up for another half marathon!

This time, I'm doing it, hopefully, right and following a real training program via Hal Higdons. I have a handy dandy spreadsheet of workouts, signed up for three training races (Atlanta's Finest 5K, Celebrate Freedom 10K and Iron Horse 15K) and enlisted a training buddy, Ryan.

Today is Day 1, and it's weird to me that Hal has you start with stretching and strength. I don't know much about strength, so I just started with my normal 23-minute Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred Level 2 routine. I'm going to have to step it up and find something else to do for the rest of the eight-week program, though.

What do you do for strength training?

No comments: