8.21.2010

Bienvenue vers Paris!

Sooo... DH & I are headed to Paris!

I have to go for work Monday through Wednesday, so I thought I'd tag on a weekend before and half a day Thursday to explore the city since I've never been. I looked into how much it would cost for James to go, but $1,600 for a coach ticket was feeling unrealistic -- that's one whole class + books (is it sad I think of money in terms of grad school costs?).

Low and behold, a simple mention of my skepticism in front of my dear FIL resulted in the donation of Delta Sky Miles and therefore -- a trip to Paris for James & I. Best part? It's two days after our third anniversary. Perfect, right?

I'm trying to plan out what we're doing, but I am so overwhelmed, I just want to see it all! These places are on our must-see list (when I say ours, I mean mine ;):

- Champs-Elysees
- Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Harley Davidson (for my uncle)
- Le Moulin Rouge (maybe? I'm not a huge fan of the movie, and it's kind of far out. Is it worth it?)
- Hermes at 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré - this is one of the most fashionable streets in the city; it's also home to French Vogue!
- Laduree at 16 Rue Royale for Macarons
- The original Chanel location at 31 Rue Cambon
- Avenue Montaigne - for shopping!
- Hotel de Ville
- Place Vendôme
- Place de la Concorde
- Église de la Madeleine
- Elysee Palace
- Louvre Museum
- Musée d'Orsay
- Abbaye de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
- Stanbridge, the maker of wonderful men's shirts (www.stanbridge.fr)
- Sainte-Chapelle
- Notre Dame
- Panthéon
- Catacombs
- Place des Vosges
- Place des Bastille
- Statues of Liberty on Île des Cygnes and in Jardin du Luxembourg
- Sainte-Chapelle
- Les Invalides
- Palais des Tuileries (Tuileries Palace)
- Basilique du Sacré-Cœur, Paris(Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Paris)
- Palace of Versailles
- Conciergerie

I think we can hit most of these along the Axe Historique. Anything we're missing?

No comments: