4.14.2011

Day 17 – A Song That Makes Me Happy

This is a tough one, actually, because a lot of songs to which I feel a strong affinity do not evoke a positive emotion. I know it sounds horrible, but I think that's one of the reasons I listen to country music. For the first few months after I moved to Georgia, I would come home from work crying on a nearly daily basis because I'd heard a sad song on the radio that made me think of home and my parents. Fast-forward 3+ years and I am still listening to country, but now it simply makes me nostalgic for my small town upbringing. Even a lot of rock songs make me feel that way. I guess I'm happy with where I am, but I struggle with the contrast of where I've been.

I don't want to skirt two questions in a row, so I guess I'll have to answer most of the songs from  Katy Perry's Teenage Dream CD. I'm not normally into pop music, but her songs are catchy, and they make me want to crank it up and dance... especially Fireworks, Last Friday Night and California Gurls. Maybe it's because I think I'm a California Girl at heart?

No comments: