1.07.2011

New Years Non-Resolutions

I’ve never actually made a New Year’s resolution. They have such a bad rap, and I feel like attaching the “resolution” status makes you more likely to fail as you probably don’t start off with a true expectation of success.


I do, however, like the idea of establishing several goals for yourself for the coming year. They serve as a constant reminder of what I CAN achieve and encourage us to always reach a little bit higher or go a little bit outside our comfort zone. That being said – here are my goals for 2011.



Graduate. I was forced decided to take a semester off school this fall due to an insane number of business trips some conflicts with work, so my graduation has been delayed. While I still will be wrapping up in 2011, I’ll finish classes in December instead of May. I’m not happy about feeling refreshed after the break, so I can’t wait to get back into the swing of things and knock this MBA off my to-do list.

Travel. I got bit by the travel bug last year with all of the adventures James & I were lucky enough to take. Now I have a severe case of wanderlust and can’t wait to rack up some more frequent flier miles. The list of possibilities include:
          - Great Britain
          - Germany
          - Seattle
          - Chicago
          - Bahamas

Skydive. Ryan asked if we were interested in going skydiving, and I promptly declined. But the more I thought about it, the more interesting of a challenge I decided it would be. Plus, I’m afraid of heights, so why not?

Run. This is probably the lamest item on my list, but I want to actually use my Atlanta Track Club membership this year. I only made it to one ATC race last year, but there are about 20 5 and 10ks I could have attended. I’d like to shoot for half of them this year, and if I’m feeling really ambitious, maybe I’ll throw in a half-marathon.

What are your plans for 2011?

No comments: